Saturday, September 23, 2017

Spencer - March 6, 2017



Pics...My trainer Elder Evans and me, and the Holloways gave us a Welcome to Amarillo basket!



Howdy Everyone!!!

I can officially say that now!! Hahahaha anywayyyy It's been a great first week in the field!! I love my Companion Elder Evans!! I got lucky!!! He's been an amazing trainer!! He's from Ogden Utah and he's been out for 7 months!! He's so great though! I've learned sooo much!! I've loved it!! So as a few of you might know, I got put into the Amarillo 3rd ward, which is a great ward by the way! So yeah since it's my first week, it's been kinda slow because first of all, Amarillo is one of the hardest places to find investigators and stuff so everyone is just super rich and they all have great lives and they think "Why would we want to change when we already have amazing lives" so yeahhh that's like everyone's mind set.

We're mostly just working on less actives and part members, so we've been teaching those people and it's been pretty fun! I've enjoyed it! We're in a biking area so I didn't get my bike till a couple days ago so we've been walking like 6 to 7 miles a day because everything is spread out pretty far haha but it's okay, we keep pushing through! So it's all good! So yeah I kinda forgot my camera at the apartment so I can't send pictures but I'll send them next week haha but I have one I can send that's on Elder Evan's camera!

So yeah mom I guess you've talked to sister Holloway. That family is so great! They've fed us three times this week!! They love the missionaries!! The whole ward is so great!! I got so lucky to be placed in that ward!!! I've met some amazing people!! So we got an investigator last night which was cool! His name is Terry and he's been visiting on and off with the missionaries for two years!! Isn't that crazy?!? Anyway so we're going to see what we can do with him! 

We met this guy Roger and he loves Jesus and like agrees with everything we say and he's really knowledgeable about the bible and stuff but whenever we visit him, he's smoking weed hahahaha. I just thought that was funny! We've been trying to go back to his place but he's never there when we do, so we'll see. He told us he'd be at church this last sunday but he didn't show up. We thought it was because he was high and he probably forgot that he said that, but it's whatever... we'll keep trying haha!

Anyway!! I'm glad Taylor is feeling better! That's cool he got accepted into BYU!! That's so crazy about what happened to Drew!!!! I hope he's doing better!!! I'll keep him in my prayers!! Thanks for the letters!! I love reading them! Oh and dad that's so cool to hear about Sonous!! Looks like a great group!!! Oh and mom I loved the experience you shared about mission prep! That was awesome!! Sorry about the shorter letter!!! Not much happened this week!! We've been getting doors slammed on us, yelled at, and just straight up rejected! So it's really sad but we'll keep persevering!! Love you guys!!

Elder Dunn



No comments:

Post a Comment