Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Holli - August 3, 2015



Hello Everyone!

So this week was pretty slow I have to admit. Being the senior companion/trainer is hard!  The difference between my previous companion Sister Robinson and Sister Duncan is crazy. Sister Duncan is a lot more laid back and relaxed which is good because I tend to stress out but at the same time, I kind of feel like we aren’t accomplishing as much. When we plan we both don't really know what to do - we use Preach My Gospel a lot! We just aren't as busy as Sister Robinson and I were. Our pace is slower so it's hard.  We love being companions though. She's teaching me not to be too stressed out about things and to rely on the Lord. She stays positive and upbeat and finds the good in everything :)  I guess I just need to take charge and make plans and get our plans in and just organize everything. Sister Duncan's trainer was way laid back too -  they kind of just did a lot of less active work in their area. So it's hard because she goes with the flow - and I actually have to create the flow! I am only a few weeks in so I'm sure it will get better! I know the Lord is trying to teach me something here!

 One of the things Sister Robinson was great at is street contacting and Sister Duncan and I are a little more reserved so we have a lot to work on! However we will have lots of practice this week since my bike got two flat tires thanks to those wonderful goat heads. Apparently goat heads are not native to California because every time I would tell someone in our ward that a goat head made my tire flat they would look at me like I was speaking a foreign language! Well . . . I guess that sentence is kind of strange if I really think about it :)

So G, our Southpark friend still wants to meet with us but due to some interesting circumstances we will be passing him off to the Elders. We also met this guy named William on the street the other day. We were biking past him and we said hello and he said hi and then suddenly he was like, stop! And we were like, ok! Well, we invited him to church and gave him a Book of Mormon. Haha, he had to drop the cigarette in his hand to take the Book of Mormon which was a plus! 

Brandy, our investigator with a baptismal date is doing so great. Her baptism date will most likely have to be shoved way back but we'll get there! She is so cute and sweet. So she lives with her sister, brother-in-law, and 4 nephews. She can't remember their names so she calls them 1,2,3, and 4. They have Jewish names so we might have to start doing that too :) We went over yesterday and found out they have a little puppy now too. So that was a fun lesson. It started out very quiet and peaceful, then the puppy came in, then 3 and 4 came in, then 2 came in with his dad and finally 1 and the mom came in so it was a full house! 

We had a great fast and testimony meeting. One lady got up and spoke for 15 minutes about her dead husband - the Bishop got up and tried to move her down the stairs - after they were almost down the steps, she turns back around and speaks for five more minutes on how grateful she is to the ward - we were cracking up! Bishop finally got her back to her seat :) 

We had a great lesson with our recent convert Missy. She is the sweetest and just has the strongest testimony of the gospel. She read Alma 30 with her nonmember boyfriend Robert and she said when she finished, both their jaws dropped. She told us that magic had happened in that chapter. (Alma 30 is about Korihor and a great chapter btw ☺️)

Last pday we had this scavenger hunt competition. Of course we won, was there any doubt? So our prize was all of this chocolate (I think it was a few months old but it was chocolate so I was happy!) Anyways, as part of the scavenger hunt we had to sing a primary song in some cool stylish way. Well, I had this Noah rap that I knew and I think that's what clinched our victory! The scavenger hunt was last pday. We played ultimate frisbee today and our team won - heck yeah!! I love pdays :) 

All right, that's it for now. I love you all so much and hope the week will be great!

Love, Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment