Friday, August 14, 2015

Lindsay - August 10, 2015

Gilbert Arizona Temple

Attending the Rigby's Sealing

Hey Everyone!! 

I hope you are all doing well! This week was definitely a week of planting seeds! We were able to contact a lot of people on their doorsteps and set returning appointments to come back. On Wednesday we had a zone meeting! We discussed a saying called BLT (Be bold, be loving, and testify of the Savior). We also worked on role plays. I feel like every missionary dislikes role playing! It is always awkward and for me, I always mess up! Plus the people that are the investigators just tell you what you need to work on so I feel like it is a little discouraging. But its ok! I need more practice! So Sister Moe-Tufaga and I are really working on improving ourselves in role playing! 

On Thursday we tried A LOT of people. This week was the first week of school, so in between 2-4 during the day, its hard to catch people at a good time. Thankfully we came in contact with some people and they told us to come back! On Friday, we had interviews with President Passey (SCARY!!) haha! Just kidding. It was great! To be honest, every time I speak with him I literally start bawling. He always has the Spirit with him, and it is so strong! He gives such good advice, and he is also really funny! On Fridays we weekly plan so that was fun! Sister Moe-Tufaga is a great planner, so I am glad that we have effective planning sessions.

So crazy story!!!! We were walking to one of our set appointments with a less active. We saw a family outside by their car just talking. I had a strong feeling that we should talk with them, but I didn't want to act on it because we were going to an appointment. But our appointment ended up not following through so we walked to another less actives apartment. Then Sister Moe-Tufaga blurted out, "I have a feeling that we should talk to that family over there!" It was the same family, and I said, "I had a feeling to talk to them to!" And so Sister Moe-Tufaga said, "Ok, let's go!" We talked with them, and found out that the guy was Catholic, and that he had a girlfriend and a son. We gave them a Book of Mormon, and sneaked in a pass a long card with our number in it! I am so glad that we acted on that prompting. Sister Moe-Tufaga and I have a goal about following promptings. Its called the 5 Second Rule:  When we get a prompting, spit it out before 5 seconds is out! Cause then we can act on it! So we are striving to accomplish that goal! 

On Saturday, we went to a sealing for a couple, the Rigby’s, who are returning members! They are the sweetest, and they have a little boy Aven who is the cutest thing! So my last companion Sister Mizell was invited to the sealing, and we got approval from our mission president to go so she traveled from Sierra Vista! We went to the Gilbert, Arizona temple! It is a beautiful temple! It was my first time attending a sealing! It was an amazing experience! Before the sealing, we went to Café Rio!! (Yes!!!) Then we attended the sealing, took pictures and ate dinner at Joe's BBQ. They home make rootbeer! It was amazing Dad, you would have loved it! So this week was great, and to top it off, I went to the temple! 

The Lord has truly blessed my life here on my mission! He has definitely given me sweet and peaceful feelings in my heart when I have discouraging days. I feel like Heavenly Father and Jesus are pushing me to press forward, and that additional knowledge and blessings will come if I keep persevering! I love this gospel, and I know that it is true! It has blessed my life, and I am so grateful for the foundation that the gospel gives me. I love you all, thank you to the Young Women in the ward who wrote me letters! You have no idea how much impact you have in my life! You girls are amazing friends! I hope you all have a great week!

Sincerely,
Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment