Monday, November 9, 2015

Taylor - November 9, 2015

Hey! Doing pretty good, just loving the mission life! I don't have to give District Training this week because of Zone Training.  Zone conferences are also coming up so that should be fun! 

We are still working with the two part member families and they came to church and they loved it! Unfortunately neither of them are married so we have a lot of work to do.  We are really using the ward members well and I know as we continue to work with the ward we will be able to get them married and baptized! The Latin members in the ward will probably throw a huge fiesta for them when they get married. It will be awesome! 

We did have a hard time finding new investigators this week and we feel part of it is that we need to work on inspired finding. We need to make sure we are really following the spirit and aware of it constantly so we don't miss the opportunities to find those that are ready and waiting and that have been prepared by the Lord. The District did well this week and both sisters had baptisms so that was great! 

Wow mom sounds like you had a big week with all the yard work and fun activities, super cool! Be careful Dad you don't want to go too hard, you are getting up there in years! ;) 

Dad you're totally right, sometimes we need to take the leap of faith even when we think we can't do something and the Lord will help us and guide us through. I had a comp study recently with the Palm Beach sisters and I had no idea what I was going to do it on. I had tried to prepare and had a few notes. I started off with some questions that I had written down from preach my gospel. At this moment I can't remember them sorry.(by the way do you guys study preach my gospel? If not Hint: it's the best thing ever and it's not just for missionaries!) Anyways, so I asked the questions and then somehow with discussion I felt impressed to talk about how they are working as a companionship and how they can use the talents and skills that they both have and combine them to become better missionaries! They said it was just what they needed and super inspired! Anyways miracles do happen! And thanks for the thoughts on being a leader mom. I'm definitely trying to get better but there is always room to improve! Well sorry I have to go but thanks so much for the email! 

Love you guys!

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment