Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Chelsea - April 18, 2016


So this week was great! On Wednesday, I was able to go on splits with my nanay!!! Sister Mariano!! Haha we were both so excited! I don't think I've ever laughed harder since my first area! But the work was great. She has changed and grown so much, literally I told her she was a perfect missionary. She knows and lives her purpose as a missionary and is such a hard worker. Haha we both almost cried in evaluation because we were both just so proud of each other and how much each of us has grown. Such a tender moment!

This week we taught our investigator, Charmaine! She is doing so great and is super receptive. We were in relief society yesterday and people were just sharing about the blessings in their life and Charmaine just stands up and started saying that she is so grateful for us and how we have been teaching her and have been helping her to realize the truth. Sister Elix and I almost cried! So sweet! Also we were teaching tatay fernando this week and he was saying that he feels so much better ever since he's stopped smoking and as we have kept teaching him and as he's started living the gospel, he said that his thoughts and self are changing. I'm just saying as a missionary, to hear that kind of stuff is probably the best reward. To hear that people are changing for the better.... just great stuff people!! So ya, fernando is getting baptized on april 30th and charmaine on may 7th! Unfortunately, tatay marcelino didnt come to church so we have to move his baptism.... But ya, that's the update for the investigators.

We also had a cool experience this week. We have this Less active in our area and every week we teach him but he's pretty quiet and doesn't open up to us. He got baptized a year ago but because of his really bad health, he can't go to church. He's so skinny and he can't even walk or breathe sometimes. So this week it was my turn to share with him and I was just praying that he would open up to us about how he's feeling with everything and so I prayerfully chose a scripture verse to share and some inspired questions and as I asked my question he just started talking and talking and then started talking about the hard things he's going through. He said that he's so grateful for the missionaries and the men in the ward who visit him, but he wishes so bad to be one of the guys in the ward and actually visit others. But he said that he knows one day God will give him the strength and things that he wants to do. He just started crying and Sister Elix and I were def holding back tears! I was so grateful in that moment that god led me to the verse I needed to share and the question I asked in order for tatay george to open up. it just showed me that God really knows his children and even though I don't know what people are going through and what they are feeling, God does and as long as we are worthy as missionaries, God will give us what we need to say.

That's it for the week! Other than it has been soooo hot. Haha our support money is literally gone buying water like five times a day haha. I don't think I've ever drank so much water in my life. But oh man, probably the hottest weather I've experienced. All of us in the apartment are experiencing like heat rashes and all that fun stuff. Also, our apartment is super hot during the night. Like we just wake up constanttly cause it's so hotttt... but we love it! Anyways, love you all!

Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment