Saturday, December 10, 2016

Holli - December 5, 2016

Sister Gasperelli - first time at church in like a few months - Whoo!

Maria, Jose, Bro. Carter and us at the visitor's center
Sister Olsen and I in Claremont!
Hello Everyone!!

We had a pretty epic week this week though we do need your prayers for
Maria and her family!! Maria did not come to church yesterday so we
had to push her date back a little bit. She just needs a lot of
support and doesn't have much so lots of prayers for Maria!

Maria didn't come to church but Steven did! He just randomly showed up
and was able to come to most of church. He had met with missionaries
for a bit in Santa Monica and had been to the Temple Visitor's Center
and loved it. He is pretty hesitant when we bring up baptism but he is
really curious about the church and wants to learn more. It was kind
of a miracle to meet Steven, although we don't think he lives in our
mission. But he wants to attend our ward .   . Kind of strange :) but
we'll take it!

We went to the LA Temple visitor's center with Maria and her younger
brother Jose on Saturday. It was a beautiful morning and they really
enjoyed the tour. The Carters took us up and were great members to
have there. Super special visit.

Oh my gosh so best thing ever. We did exchanges this week with the
Claremont sisters (claremont was my first area) so I got to go back
and serve there for a day with Sister Olsen. It was so cool! And I
don't know if any of you remember Brandy but she was our little
miracle in Claremont. She got baptized in October and is still going
strong. Anyway, we got to see her and that was so much fun!

We also had the opportunity to volunteer at the annual Covina
Christmas Parade. That was so much fun as well! We got to put on
bright orange vests and keep the crowds under control and hand out
programs and try to share the gospel :) It was a blast and it didn't
get super cold luckily. The last float was Santa so that was fun. So
much fun to see the entire community out celebrating the Christmas
season. Haha, only one church made a float but it was pretty sweet -
on the side of the float it said "He is the reason for the season!"
:)

So we had a mini exchange with Glendora this week so I got to serve in
Glendora for a few hours. Last time I was in Glendora we had contacted
this guy named Ulysses late one night, after we had just been bashed
pretty bad by this one guy, and so we shared a bit of what we believed
and asked if we could come back because he told us he wasn't feeling
too good. Ulysses said yes and I guess the sisters kept going back and
his baptismal date is for December 17th so prayers for Ulysses!! He's
looking pretty solid.

That's about it for the week here in Azusa! This will be the last letter
I send home. I just want to bear my testimony that I know this church
is the church of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the opportunity I
have had to serve Him in this part of his vineyard. I am so grateful
for the restored gospel, and for a prophet who directs us away from
things that could harm us in the last days. I am so grateful to be a
part of this work. I am so excited to see you all next week and hope
you all have a wonderful week to come!

Love, Sister Dunn


No comments:

Post a Comment