Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lindsay - February 15, 2016






Hello Everyone! Ok I am not kidding, this transfer….. I'm training. Whooohh I am so nervous! But I am really excited. So I will be training a new missionary in 3 wards. That is intense. Wow, I never thought I would train a new missionary covering 3 wards. The Lord just loves catching us off guard:) I just love it. So Sister Sayer is actually going to YSA 2nd and Hidden Valley with Sister Condie! So we are swapping areas! How crazy is that? 

This week was fantastic!! We set a goal to achieve 8 member present lessons, and we met it! We were so happy when we realized that we got our goal. We worked really hard this week, so achieving our goals made us so happy:) 

On Wednesday we did commodities in the morning. So with Food bank we occasionally participate in this event where we bag different types of foods (for example peppers, cucumbers, bottled water, flour, bread etc.) And then there are lines of cars that we put the food in. So it is an awesome service that we get to do, and we get to talk with people and give them food, it is awesome! Then we had interviews with our mission president. I don't why but I always get nervous before interviews happen, but then once it starts, I'm fine! So that was really good. Then we had an awesome zone meeting where these 2 guest speakers came in and talked about goals and vision boards. Sister Tunnell (the first guest speaker), talked about the conscious mind and the subconscious mind, and how when we visualize our goals and can see ourselves achieving them, it motivates us to take action. It was really cool! Then Sister Brown and Sister Moe-Tufaga (The Sister Training Leaders) gave a training on inspired questions. They had us participate in this activity where they lined up a good number of missionaries in a row. There were slips of paper with a principle on it. When it was our turn, we would look at the slip of paper and think of an inspired question to go along with the principle. So I participated in the activity. It was nerve wracking cause half the missionaries in the zone were up front, and half were sitting down. They judged us on our questions, and told us if they were good inspired questions or not. But the Spirit instantly filled the room in that activity. Every time a missionary was thinking of a question and then would ask it, you knew that it was inspired by God. I was the last one to go and my slip of paper said Joseph Smith. I thought about it for a while, and I honestly can tell you that Heavenly Father helped me, but I said something along the lines of, "Do you believe that you can receive an answer like Joseph Smith did, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true? That activity really helped me to gain a better understanding of how powerful those type of questions can be. 

Later that day after the meeting, we had a lesson with Devan. He was 8 months sober, and so we celebrated at the Hargis home by eating a relish tray. And afterwards we talked about the Word of Wisdom and Obeying and Honoring the Law. It was an amazing lesson! Then before going to the Whitmers, we went to go see a potential investigator named Maryanne. She was home, and very interested to learn about the gospel! She told us that earlier that day she was praying to know if she should be a Mormon or not! She told us that we were an answer to her prayer. It was amazing! So we are going to meet her on Tuesday and teach her the Restoration! We had a lesson with the Whitmers right after about the Word of Wisdom. Angelica had a question about how Jesus Christ used wine with the sacrament and how she didn't understand why we didn't use it. I feel like the Lord helped me answer that question, because that question has scared me from the beginning of the mission. And whether or not I answered it correctly, or helped her understand it more, it’s ok. I tried my best, and the Lord will provide! 

After the Whitmers, we tried a few people and we met an older couple named the Fergusons. They are the sweetest people! When we walked in I felt like I was going in to get my patriarchal blessing! The home was very neat and tidy, and it was an older home, and so it smelled really good! I felt just at home! And they gave us referrals to go see people! They were so sweet. 

On Thursday, we had a lesson with Roxy, and Sister Norton came with us. It was a really good lesson. Towards the beginning we didn't really engage her at all, but by the end of the lesson, the spirit was so strong, and we asked more inspired questions that helped her to think and express her thoughts. It was great! Then afterwards we had lunch and then met with a less active named Kris. She is very touchy feely and will get in your bubble A LOT! The first time I met her I was kind of taken aback because she was so close to me when she would talk. haha! But I have learned so much from her! She is so loving to everyone and she loves bearing her testimony of the gospel. She is an amazing person. Then we saw Gayle! She just had surgery to get a pace maker. She is taking the Temple Preparation classes so she can get her endowments out for the first time:) She is wonderful! Then we saw Mickie (another less active). She is married to a Native American, and so she is very close to nature, earth, and spiritual matters. It was very comforting and peaceful to visit her. The stories that she tells us are inspiring, and we are just so amazed at the strength and faith she has in the Lord. 

On Friday we did a lot of weekly planning. Oh and Sister Sayer had to take a driving test so she can get her tiwi card:) Later that day we had dinner with the Bodine's and she made her homemade pizza again!! She makes everything from scratch and it is amazing!! On Saturday, we had breakfast with the Hoisingtons. They are such an amazing family! Sister Hoisington is from Mexico and when she says hi to us she pronounces sisters like, "Seesters!" She smiles all the time, and she is always so happy! I just love them all! We met with John after breakfast, and he showed us his picture album:) He is the sweetest man in the world! 

On Sunday, we went to church all day (Such a blessing), and then we went to the Wilhelms to visit. Every time a missionary is about to leave, the Wilhelms invite the missionary to their house to bear their testimony. So we stopped by, and Sister Sayer bore her testimony to them before she leaves. They are such a sweet family. Then we had dinner with the Pena Family. They are the most loving people you will ever meet. Every one of the kids give you hugs except for the boys. But we give hand hugs, which I think is appropriate! We had Chinese food for dinner and then Sister Pena made heart cookies. It was an amazing Valentine’s Day! 

So that is my week! I love you all to the moon and back! Stay safe, and don't catch the flu bug that is going around! I just recovered from a cold!


Sister Lindsay Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment