Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Lindsay - May 16, 2016

Half Mission Conferences!!  Sister Adams is now an hermana!  She was switched from English to Spanish speaking!

Ok everyone....... The moment of truth, I will be transferring to New
Mexico in to Silver City! I will be in a new state!! Yes!!! I have
heard that it is colder in New Mexico, and that it is really green!!
So I am really excited. I think the Lord decided that he would bless
me with a cooler summer this year:) hehe!

This week was a really good week! On Tuesday we did a lot of
contacting. We didn't have any set appointments, so we just dropped by
to see people! That whole day we received a lot of rejection, but it's
ok! I was discouraged around dinner time, and the family that we had
dinner with gave us some council. Brother Stewart said, sometimes they
aren't looking through the window yet. They aren't searching for the
truth at that time. That advice really helped me to realize that most
people aren't ready to receive the gospel yet, but there are select
few who are ready to receive it. We just have to find them!

On Wednesday, we went to Floyd's funeral. A lot of his family showed
up which was really good. I know that Floyd is learning on the other
side, and that he is happy. We also taught Tiandra. She has been
struggling recently, and the elders gave her a blessing, but when we
saw her a couple days later, she had lost hope. It was really sad. She was
on her phone pretty much the whole time, so we knew she wasn't
listening. We just hope and pray that she finds the light of Christ
and holds on to the iron rod! We also visited the Gilbert's because
they were going to leave town to go to California. I had a hunch that
I would be leaving, so we saw them before I left. He is very sensitive
when missionaries come and go, so we are hoping that he likes the new
sister!

On Sunday, we went to the Hargis's for dinner. I am going to miss
their family so much!!! We took some pictures with their family, and
it was so great to be with them! I have been so blessed to serve in
Safford, Arizona!! I know that this church is true, and I am proud to
be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I love
you all! Have a good week!

Sincerely,
Sister Lindsay Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment