Thursday, October 27, 2016

Chelsea - October 17, 2016

Banaue!




Hi everyone, 

So we just got in from Banaue and it was amazing!!!! They are 2,000 year old rice terraces carved into the mountains and are known as the 8th Wonder of the World.  Sister Atutubo and I left after sacrament meeting on Sunday for Solano. And then Sister Porter was my comp going there. We got into solano on sunday night and then earlier today we got up at 3 a.m. and headed off to Banaue! The drive took about 3 hours and I was trying my hardest  not to throw up, but definitely feeling like God is blessing me and I haven't thrown up yet!  I had to go back to the doctor this week and I'm still having problems so ya... I have to go back again on friday.  Honestly, I'm not feeling the greatest. It's so hard for me to work.  But going to banaue I was so scared that I would get super sick. But the lord has heard my prayers and I've been doing a lot better. Hopefuly friday will be the last day for the hospital!

So basically there's apparently a typhoon that will be hitting us and we still went up to banaue! It was so muddy and wet everywhere and probably the most dangerous and exhausting hike I've ever done. But it was sooo worth it no joke! It was so gorgeous!! But ya probably wouldn't do it again. Pretty sure Christ's grace helped out with that one! It was the funniest thing though because getting up wasn't that bad but going down was crazy. We literally slid on our behinds the whole time! There was also a million stairs to walk and we couldn't even feel our legs! Haha but it was breathtaking and a one in a million opportunity!! 

We also had our career workshop this week and it was great! Elder Jones did a great job and it was all about getting a job and how to do it efficiently. The only thing I didn't like about it was it was all about us and we had to think about our strengths and what we were good at and we had to share it in front of the group like a million times! Definitely not my comfort zone but I learned a lot! haha. 

We also had Johannas interview this saturday and it was successful! It was scary though because she went to the hospital right after we came to her house! She's low on potasium and so she can't breathe sometimes and is so weak and her body hurts so bad that she was rushed to the hospital. But she is doing ok now and is excited for her baptism on Saturday! 

So there has been an infestation of rats in our apartment and they ate all my food and my food in my 72 hr kit which is just perfect timing because of course a typhoon is about to hit our area in Tugue and we are still in Solano and there's no way I'm going to be able to go grocery shopping! So looks like I'll be starving the next week! Haha love you all, sorry I didn't get to write a lot. We didn't get much work done because of the craziness of our week but we were able to teach one of our investigators Rodward and he's already in 1 nephi 9 and is progressing so much! Just have to help him get to church! 

Love you all,


Sister Dunn



Spider!




No comments:

Post a Comment