Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lindsay - September 14, 2015

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great week! I just love my companion Sister Grange!! She is such a good missionary and practically done with her mission, so it's hard sometimes feeling like the naive and shy missionary who hangs out in the background.  All I can do is testify! She is very natural with communication,and she talks with everyone. She has truly helped me get out of my comfort zone, but I have struggled wondering if I am making a difference in the lives of the people here in Arizona. But I am pushing forward! I'm trying my best to do what I can:) I want to share an experience with you! So on a day when I was having a discouraging time and Satan was really working hard on me, we decided to visit one of our investigators. She wasn't there but her dad was. We asked more about what he thought of the gospel and if he had a belief in Jesus Christ. Sister Grange ended up sharing the first vision. And I gave a brief testimony of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. After that what he said really struck me. He said, I can tell that you believe it and that you are heartfelt. And then he looked at me and said, "Especially you". I was shocked. I had no idea that I had said anything special. But after that experience, sister Grange encouraged me by repeating what the man said. Sister Grange also helped me to realize that I can make a little difference in someone’s life. So I knew that God helped me have enough strength to make it through that day. He helped me realize that I do make a difference. So that was my spiritual experience for the week:) 

So this week has been a little crazy but good! We are just so busy! Pink washing an area is stressful because we have no idea how to help these people! So it has been a struggle but we are pushing through it!  On Monday night we met with Kelly one of our investigators. She is so sweet. We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and she loved it! She has such an amazing testimony, and she strengthens my faith of how important this gospel is! I have truly realized that I would be lost without the gospel in my life! 

On Tuesday we met with one of our recent converts in the ward! She wanted to learn more about the church standards on modesty, so we helped her understand that. She also has great questions which helps me learn and grow as well! We also met with Ria this week! She had us over for dinner and we taught her a lesson on the Atonement. We are trying super hard to set a baptismal date for her! Apparently in the past, she did have a baptismal date but then she didn't want to rush into it so they postponed it. But I hope and pray that we can help her towards baptism, because she is ready! We just need to help her feel the Spirit more so that she can recognize her answer of the truth!! We also met with Kelly again and talked about some commandments like word
of wisdom, law of tithing etc. She definitely knows why God gives us commandments! She is so funny and her sense of humor makes me laugh! She told us after we taught her "like duh! Of course I will follow these commandments, it just makes sense!" So she is definitely golden!! :)  

On Wednesday we had a huge Zone Meeting! I seriously love those meetings! They are so inspiring, and I feel like jumping up and down and proclaiming the gospel to the world after it! Haha! So we talked about the new Area Book planner app which is going to take time to get used to for sure:) haha! It's kind of a pain cause we have to input ALL of our records from the printed area book into our iPads! So that will take a long time but it's ok! I am starting to see the benefits that come from having these records put into our Area Book
planner app. We are also still working on flooding the earth with the
Book of Mormon! So far we have placed 9 Books of Mormon in two weeks!!
Ahhhh!! It's amazing to see that God puts people into our paths for a
reason! We just need to be observant to see them! 

We also had a lesson that night with another of our recent converts. He is the sweetest guy and he just got confirmed!! On Thursday, I went on exchanges with Sister Tracey!! She is awesome! She was in my zone during my first transfer so that was awesome that I knew her! She is a talker though! Haha! Pretty much in every lesson after someone would pause after a comment, she would jump in like a horse starting a race! Wow! I could never get a word in! But it was ok! Maybe she needed to talk most of the time! Haha:) but she is a great missionary! She definitely has a positive attitude about the work which is awesome! We had dinner that night with one of Sister Tracey's recent converts! Oh my gosh her dinner was soooo good! It was a dish of marinated beef with pea pods, and some teriyaki/soy sauce rice! Oh my goodness it was divine! Haha! :) 

On Friday we got to go to the temple! It was amazing!!!! We all got to stay in the celestial room for a while which was nice. It is so nice to be able to feel like you are close to heaven in the temple. I truly needed that spiritual experience to boost my spirits, and help me learn more about my relationship with God. 

On Saturday we went to visit Bryan our investigator. We kind of had an iffy feeling about him from the beginning. He just seems out of it every time we meet him! And he didn't keep our commitment that we extended to him, so we told him to call us when he had kept the commitment. It's ok, he just wasn’t ready to receive the gospel in his life yet. Later in the evening we were supposed to attend 2 baptisms. We actually missed both of them because the first baptism was a stake children's baptismal service, so there were a lot of kids being baptized! And we had to leave early so that we wouldn’t miss the baptism of Sis. grange's investigator in her last area! But
we missed it, and Sister Grange was so sad!! I felt so bad that we had tried our hardest to attend both of them but that we missed the ordinance! But if we look at the positive, Sister Grange got to see the people that were baptized, so that is good:) 

On Sunday, we went to church and Ria (our investigator), stayed the full 3 hours!!! We were soooo happy! But those 3 hours were inspired. The talks in sacrament meeting were about the Atonement and the speakers delivered the message beautifully. Then in Gospel Principles we talked about being valiant and striving to be the best we can be. It was just awesome all around!! We are so happy that she stayed the whole time! :D Well that was my week! I love you all! Thank you so much for all you do!

Sincerely,
Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment