Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lindsay - June 3, 2015

Hey Mom!! 

 I am doing so well here at the MTC! But I do have to admit, I did get discouraged many times on the first few days. I broke down in front of my teacher Sister Runyon about how I would compare myself to my siblings, and how I struggled in everything. But she helped me get over my discouragement over my weaknesses. I just love all my investigators and I want them to understand what I'm saying, but sometimes I mess up! For example, it was so embarassing:) My companion and I were teaching a girl named Chevin. We weren't really close with her because our first lesson was with her, and we didn't really do a good job because we were so focused on teaching her doctrine. I have learned here at the MTC that you need to forget about yourself and just focus on the investigator and what they need. I have felt the Spirit more as I have focused on the people instead of myself and how well I am teaching. I feel like this experience has been a roller coaster! But I am so happy!! My companion is Sister Daun (you say it like Dawn). :) She is very very bold and has a strong personality. She is a genius, she goes to BYU and she told me that she got a 35 on her ACT! Totally opposite of me! haha. Oh well. It has been hard because she is so different from me. When we teach lessons, she knows every answer to every question! No kidding! She has had many missionary experiences before she came here so she is a professional! But you know what, I am accepting her as a person, and we do love each other, even though our personalities are different. At the beginning of the week, she taught the lessons 90% of the time. But throughout this week we have been trying to fix that! I know that we are improving, and I can see the difference in our teaching, because we feel the Spirit more! I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had. My district is amazing and we definitely feel like we are family! I truly feel loved at the MTC. There are so many people that have touched my life. I have seen so many people that I know here, and I saw Tyler the other day!! It was so great to see him. Of course I see Holli and Chels alot which is so awesome! :) Overall, this experience has helped my testimony grow so much! I truly believe that Jesus and Heavenly Father are watching over me. God knows who's life I need to change, and I have felt his love so much in the MTC. On Sunday we had a devotional, and we sang alot of primary songs because Janice Kapp Perry was the speaker. Every time we sang a hymn or primary song, I would just feel the Spirit so strongly, and start to cry. I have felt God's love for me, and he knows that my message is to spread that love to others. I want everyone to know that they are loved by us and by God. Once they feel that and know that God loves them, they can receive revelation that this Church is true. I love you all and I am so grateful for the packages I have been receiving. My district gives me a hard time because I have been receiving alot of packages. I over heard Elder Drake (an elder in my district) say to his companion, I can testify that even though we don't receive any thing from our parents, we are still loved! They are the best. I love you all!!! Have a great week!

P.S. Spencer, just to let you know, Elder Drake and Elder Winstanley LOVE Psych, and they seriously look like them. I will send some pictures to show you!! haha they are hilarious. They tried to imitate the part where the British guy says, "Give it back" and then Shawn says, "No!" They did soooo good!!!! Ok I'm figuring out how to send pictures so I will send them separately. 

Much love,

Sister Lindsay Dunn


No comments:

Post a Comment