Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lindsay - June 9, 2015

Well, I have made it to Tucson and it is really hot! When we got off the plane we met with the Mission President, Brother Passey, and his wife, Sister Passey. They are both so amazing! My mission president has a great sense of humor, but he is also serious. I love them already, and I know that I will develop a close relationship with them. We went to the Mormon Battalion and street contacted. It was SCARY!! Sister Chandler and I went over to this one lady. She was sitting by herself and I asked if I could sit by her. She let me and I brightly said, "Hi, how are you, what is your name? She said that her name was Linda but that she wasn't interested. Great!! Wahoo! :( It's ok! She was really nice to us and said "Have a good day though". It is hard to be rejected, but my mission president reminded me that they aren't rejecting me, but they are rejecting the message. So that makes me feel better. I met my trainer today, Sister Mizell. She is from Georgia and you can tell she has an accent. She is laid back, but I like that about her. She is super fun and hilarious! I hope that I can be a good companion to her! So today is P-day. Every transfer week which is 6 and 1/2 weeks they switch the P-day from Monday to Tuesday. So I will mainly write on Monday. Sister Mizell told me about one of our investigators. She is Catholic, her name is Susette, and she believes that the Book of Mormon is half true even though she hasn't read it. I hope that I can testify of what I know to her, and that she will feel my spirit. That is something that I am working on. It is hard to focus on the investigator and on their needs, but at the same time think of what you are going to say! I know that these first few months will be hard, but I know that if I keep being obedient, and I try my hardest, that I will be blessed. I love all of you, and I have been pretty emotional all week, just because I miss you. When people ask about my family, I get so close to breaking down and crying. You guys mean the world to me, and I will miss each of you! So, I told my Mission President about how my brother is serving in the same mission he served in when he was young. He told me that one of his sons is actually in Taylor's mission too. Then Sister Passey told me that their son said that Taylor was an amazing missionary and that Elder Dunn helps him to have hope for the future of the Fort Lauderdale mission. When she told me that, I literally started to sob in front of the missionaries. And of course my wonderful district sisters comforted me. :) I am such a cry baby:) Ok, I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Thank you for all the letters, packages and wonderful e-mails you have sent me! You are the ones that keep me going out in the field! You are the ones that help me press forward when I am discouraged. I love you!

Love,

Sister Lindsay Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment