Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Taylor - June 9, 2015

Hey Mom and Dad. So ya transfers are this week, and...... I'm getting transferred! Craziness! So ya sad day, Elder Mota was super awesome! Elder Mota is staying, in fact everyone in our zone is staying except for me, Sister Rampersad, and Elder Marshall, but he's done with his mission.I don't know who I'm with or where I'm going until tomorrow so sorry about that!  

Actually no, I luckily haven't gotten the chance to play the organ yet. For zone conference I had to play How Firm a Foundation which has 3 flats in it and I didn't know how to play it at all so I spent an hour practicing.  Luckily it turned out okay! Most of the hymns I play I already know but for zone conferences and stuff when they are already picked out I have to learn them.  So, on the bright side I'm learning more hymns!  

Sounds like Spencer had an awesome time at Moroni Academy! Super sad about the Wilkinsons leaving. I'm going to miss them tons! So this week it was a little hard finding new investigators but the Lord still blessed us! Liah is starting to take the lessons again and coming to church! She is the one that we took to the Ft. Laud temple. She knows the Church is true and she feels better there than anywhere else, and she has a testimony of it. For some reason though, she doesn't feel like she is ready. We've tried to explain that you don't have to be perfect to be baptized, but she wants to feel like she is fully committed. So, she is a little timid about baptism but hopefully as we work with her and she reads and prays and comes to church she will feel the Spirit testify to her that she is ready to take the step of baptism! 

Also, we are working with some part member families.  Mainly Gabriel and Christy. They aren't married yet and apparently they have been taught in the past by other missionaries.  We went and taught them and they came to church on Sunday and really liked it! We are excited to work with them and to help them get married and Christy baptized so that they can be together as a happy eternal family! 

Over the past few weeks I've been working as hard as possible to listen better to the promptings of the spirit and trust in the Lord to help me. It's definitely something that has been difficult but the Lord knows what's best for me and he wants to see me grow.   A lot of times though when I don't have success I feel like I've done something wrong and then I try to figure out what it is but it's soooo hard! I’m still working on it though! I think as long as we are giving our all and are striving to improve and be effective, that is all the Lord expects of us. And let me tell you, I've definitely been giving as much as I possibly could! I think that's how we grow! 

I read this little section on a letter from the president. It says "The Prophet Joseph said in speaking to the 12 on one occasion: you will have all kinds of trials to pass through. And it is quite necessary for you to be tried as it was for Abraham and other men of God, and God will feel after you, and he will take hold of you and wrench your very heart strings, and if you cannot stand it you will not be fit for an inheritance in the Celestial Kingdom of God…". 

That quote hit me hard and helped me again understand why I have so many trials. Really, God is doing all He can to help us reach the Celestial Kingdom and the best way He helps is with those wonderful trials!!!! We need to try and have that eternal vision that the Lord has!!!! I think it is necessary to have hard times, that is how the Lord prepares us for the Celestial Kingdom. After all, our time on earth is the time to prepare to meet God. 

Thanks for all the good advice, I will definitely be applying it in the weeks to come! Truly I just hope I can be effective for the Lord. 

Super awesome that Janie Thompson is going on a mission. That should be super cool! 

I love you Mom and Dad, have a great week!

Elder Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment