Thursday, March 31, 2016

Chelsea - March 28, 2016









Hello everyone!!

So I'm going to start this letter with something pretty lame but I'm pretty proud. I was in the grocery store on monday and I saw italian pizza sauce and mozarella cheese (you never see that kinda stuff) and I freaked out and grabbed it and I made little pizzas in the toaster oven. It was just so great cause I've been really craving american food this week haha!!

So on Wednesday I found out that Sister Porter, Sister Turley, and Sister Ngakuru from my MTC group are training! Gosh, I'm super excited for them!! It was funny because Sister Clarin had to go to Cauayan too for career workshop. So our plan was to meet with Sister Tupou (sister ngakurus companion) in alinguigan and work with her for the day while sister clarin would travel with sister ngakuru. But... they were so late coming in so we got permission to go with Sister Clarin to Cauayan. Unfortunately, Sister Elix and I hadn't even showered and we looked so gross when we had to go to the mission home!! Haha we were dying. But I got to see Sister Turley and Sister Porter and talk to them and I got to see my nanay again!!! That was probably the last time I will see her before she leaves... hopefully not! But it was super fun to be down there and to breathe in some aircon for a while! Unfortunately that same day we saw another accident. This guy was drunk and his tricie totally flipped over and oh man, I really thought he died. I walked up to where he was and he was just laying there and blood was everywhere. But we heard from someone a couple days ago that he's still in the hospital and buhay pa siya!!

Super good experience this week. We went tracting in Santa Victoria-an area that we have never gone in before. We were there for about 3 hours and we just were contacting and contacting and we were getting no lessons... We were pretty disappointed haha. But then we remembered that a less active lives there and so we asked around and were able to find her. Her name is Roda and her family and the rest of her kids actually live in San Isidro. She and her husband were married in the temple and just last year they separated. She took one of the kids and is living up there right now. It's so sad but we had a really good lesson with her and she remembers everything about the temple. I just think the whole messed up family situation is keeping her from coming back. But we are really excited to keep working with her and try to get their family back to the church.

So this week was the baptism of Irish, Divine, and Krizzel!! And there were no problems and everything went smooth! And that's a first!! haha. It was really fun. Those girls are so cute and I just love them! I'm just glad that I'm able to be a part of this experience for them. I will send pics! Yesterday, Tatay Fernando and Tatay Marcelino came to church! The ward is doing a really great job at fellowshipping them! And then, a couple of the brothers from the ward went with us to teach them yesterday in ibanag. They are really progressing and we are pushing for a baptismal date on April 23!

That's about it for the week! Sister Clarin leaves tomorrow and I still haven't accepted that she's leaving but I will really miss her. She has been a great companion and I've learned a lot from her. 

Anyways, love you all!

Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment