Monday, March 7, 2016

Chelsea - March 7, 2016

Hello everyone!!

This week was a pretty good week! But unfortunately I was sick for two days! I’ve been having this bad cold for about 10 days and it just kept getting worse and worse. I had a fever and my head ached so bad and my eyes hurt and I could barely read and it was just the worst! So basically, I slept for two days straight. After that though, I was so excited to get out and work and actually talk with people! 

So yesterday, we had 6 investigators come to church! And four of them were kids! Haha, kids just keep adding to the pile! But actually, tatay fernando brought his granddaughter with him, and we taught her yesterday and she was great! She remembered exactly what they learned in primary! We are also teaching her mom, Josie, and then tatay fernando, the grandpa! So its been great, cause they are all a family! The hardest part with teaching tatay fernando and tatay marcelino is that they really don’t speak tagalog. Whenever we ask them a question, they just dont understand. So basically, I feel like every lesson we are just lecturing them and dragging them along. Of course they have a desire to be baptized but I dont think they fully understand our full message. So we've been trying to find some members who can speak ibanag or ilecauno to come with us. It was funny, because I was teaching them about the purpose of life and I read alma 34:32 but we read it to them in ilecano! After we read it, you could just see that they understood exactly. I’m not kidding, there was like a light in their eyes and they were like sister, we understood, that was so beautiful!  Ah how I wish I could speak ilecauno!! 

So earlier we taught nanay clarita (the older lady that just got baptized). She hasn’t come to church in 4 weeks though!! She’s been super sick for about two weeks and then we didn’t know the other reason, so we went and visited her. So basically, she moved houses because the real owner of her house came back and claimed (basically they are just squatters). So she moved a little bit over and literally she doesn’t even have a house. It’s about the size of our shed outside and half of it is outside and a curtain separates the outside and the inside. Her grandchildren are the ones that give her money, but I think they are druggies and they never give her money, only rice sometimes. So she hasn’t been able to come to church because she literally has no money. And since she’s 70 years old, she can’t walk. It would take about 3 hours. So it was so sad today because she gave the closing prayer in the lesson and she just started crying and said Heavenly Father, you know I want to go to church, but I can’t cause I have no money and I can’t walk that far. It was just a sad moment, and I almost cried. But we told her that we know that God will prepare a way for her to go to church... A lot of moments on my mission have really humbled me. We are gonna try to get a member to take her to church, the only member in our area who has a car...

Training is going great. Sister Elix is progressing so much every day, she is already an awesome missionary! Haha basically cause we make her do role plays all the time. She hates it but it really helps! But I have really enjoyed training. I am learning to teach her how to be a good missionary, and it’s just a good reminder to me of the things I need to be doing. 

Thats about it for this week! I love you all!


Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment