Thursday, March 31, 2016

Chelsea - March 21, 2016



Kumusta!!! So this week was good. It started out with me washing the dishes, and a rat running across my feet. I literally screamed the loudest I've ever screamed in my life hahahah. Fortunately, not as many rats are running around the apartment. The missionary couples gave us some rat poison! But unfortunately, the rats are dying in the walls of the house and so it smells so bad. Like so bad. We can't even go into our room right now because we just want to throw up. So ya that's the update with the rats!

Also, we had a super scary experience. On Monday night around 9, we just got done with an fhe, and we were waiting on the highway in manaring for a van to take us home. We were walking on the highway, and right in front of us, two motorcycles crash into each other and the people on the motorcycles flew across the road. We were like, oh my gosh.... the sisters were all freaking out and just stayed behind, but I ran up to the one guy that was on my side of the road. Blood was everywhere and his face was messed up and he was barely breathing and having this seizure and I was like oh my gosh... then people started to show up but no one touched him because we had to wait for the medics. Apparently, they both died. A 17 year old and a 19 year old. And the one that I saw was actually the nephew of a member in our ward. Super sad.... And definitely scared us... we just came home and sat down and didn't say anything because it was so horrible!

We had some interesting lessons this week. We have so many investigators who have a ton of questions! It's definitely spiritually exhausting sometimes. Right now, we are teaching a sister of a active. She's kinda stubborn but she's also willing to listen. What is interesting is that she had a dream she was surrounded by mormons at church, and she doesn't know what to think of it. She really has a desire to know what church is true. She said that she prays all the time to know if our message is true but she doesn't receive an answer. I was able to tell her that in order to receive an answer, we need to search. We can't just be curious. I asked her if she had ever read the book of mormon and she said no. And so I challenged her to read the book of mormon, ponder, pray, go to church and really search for the truth, and I promised that God would answer her prayers. It was definitely a good lesson.


Irish, Divine, and Krizel all passed their baptismal interviews on Saturday and so we are good to go! They are super excited to get baptized! Thats about it for this week. Mahal ko po kayo lahat!

Sister Dunn

No comments:

Post a Comment